With the recent release of Rails 3.0 Release Candidate 2, DHH posted on the official Rails blog to check out the sweet GitHub compare view between the two RCs for detailed information. This list is by no means complete but I made some notes from the commit view, with links where possible, about the bigger changes:
- Add a header that tells Internet Explorer (all versions) to use the best available standards support. [Yehuda Katz]
_e. Update: This was later updated to
utf8as Kieran and Santiago point out in the comments.
- Mysql2 is now the default mysql adapter.
render :fileis deprecated in favor of
render :templateexcept for absolute paths.
- Apps upgrading from version 2.3 get defaulted to utf-8.
- Update documentation on
- Several performance improvements mostly by tenderlove.
- Tons of deprecations.
- Require rdoc version 2.5.10
- Require rack-mount 0.6.12